Saturday, June 30, 2012

Do you know what's in your soap?

Most people do not realize that the skin can absorb in the upwards range of 60% of what is put on it, i.e. lotions, soaps, oils, cleaners, etc.. Depending on the ingredient and where it is placed on the body the skin can absorb as much as 100%. Did you know that what your skin absorbs can, and most likely will, get into your bloodstream. Think about that the next time you use Bath & Body Works lotions and what nots.

With the seeming influx of Cancer it has caused me to be more aware of what I put in and on my body. Over the last few years it has become more crucial that I learn more about the products and ingredients I purchase on a regular basis, and how important using all natural and organic products has become. I believe that it is extremely important to know, understand, and be able to pronounce the ingredients in the products that I consume internally and externally.

Now I must admit that there are some products that I have not given up but it is a work in progress. However, I do believe we should all do our part in trying bring the stuff we love back to the basics,   shopping local, and supporting your farmers markets.

Pleasant Earth Soap Company would like to stress that we do not use any artificial ingredients, hardeners, detergents, parabens, or any of the other crap you can not pronounce that may make you break out in hives and start convulsing on the floor. We only use essential oils, organic herbs, organic milks, and natural colorants that your skin will love, appreciate, and even give you a pat on the back to thank you. Can you say that about your soap?

Be sure to stop by our website for any of our wonderful soaps. And check out our Etsy shop to customize your own soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment